Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yellow American Horror Wallpaper Story?

http://beastmodeblogs.blogspot.com/2011/03/bloggers-interpretation-of-yellow.html

So I remember in class on friday when Sweeney mentioned that the show American Horror Story season 1 was semi-based on this story. I think that is why I am so stuck on the supernatural and paranormal idea of it all. Of course, all of the ideas mentioned in class today make sense to me. But I cannot shake that this was all about a woman who was dead and trapped there in the house. I found this blog from a professor online, and he believes it is from a similar idea as well.
I really enjoyed this story so much mostly because I always love a good mystery and haunted house story. My belief is that she was sickly on the way there, and was well on her way to dying. But her doctor/hubby just thought she needed to get out of the city and get more fresh air and other things that don't make sense. OR he could have been poisioning her with the "phosphates/phosphites" that he was giving her on a daily basis and just taking her out to the house to make her think he was doing something nice for her. yeah... I just thought of that! So anyways, this house is clearly haunted. I mean, she is pretty much seeing "figures" since day one. And the fact that there were multiple figures at times make me think that there were others that lived and died there, and are now trapped and stay there forever. Maybe the rope was the exact length that she could go outside before finding herself back in that room again? hmmm. Well, I'm not sure what else I could say to back up my opinion about this, but I had a lot of fun reading this story and disecting it. :)
sidenote: I cannot wait till the new season of AHS comes out. I'm such a geek for this show. That is probably the reason why my analysis of this story is pretty much season one. yup!

2 comments:

  1. I blogged about it being so closely related to Season One of American Horror Story, too! It makes the story even more interesting to read knowing it goes along with the show. I never thought about how he could of been poisoning her the whole time. That's a good thought! I found this story to be neat, yet eery to read. I'm into the whole mystery type of thing though as well. I like watching AHS. I actually just watched the first season on Netflix and I'm starting the second season now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that this is related AHS makes me want to look into this story you're talking about. I love that show and cannot wait for the new season. But anyway, this story seems like a really good one, and hopefully we"ll be reading it sometime soon in my class (I have him for 101). If not I would definitively look into this story myself. It seems like it would be my kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete