Friday, October 25, 2013

Halloweekend

So, the only thing that I have been looking forward to recently is Halloweekend. Which would be this weekend. I had all of these plans to go out and dress up and do all of the fun things. However, it is currently not going according to plan. So as of now my Halloween plans no longer involve a costume or parties or fun! And yes, I am being a complete brat about this. But it's alright. I will stay inside and watch scary movies and carve pumpkins with my boyfriend!
In class today reading The Rape of the Lock wasn't too bad. I'm glad that Sweeney tore it apart like he did because I had no idea what it was talking about. It's hard to understand writing that is older like that. But I guess that is why we have these English classes... so we can try to understand it better. I usually like poetry, but today was confusing. I really liked the ones that we had to read in class on Wednesday. Hopefully the ones assigned for the weekend will be entertaining!!

3 comments:

  1. I personally didn't enjoy reading The Rape of the Lock. I was lost just as you were, and on top of that I hate reading anything in old English as well. I enjoyed reading the poems we were assigned however. My favorite was We Real Cool, as this was short and straightforward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't attend any Halloween parties this weekend either! Instead I worked, relaxed at home, and hung out with my boyfriend. I did get the chance to go to Busch Gardens though so that was fun.
    Yeah, I found The Rape of the Lock to be confusing, too. Like you said, things that were written back in the day like that can be harder to understand. Plus, since the poem was about an actual event, people back then would've been able to enjoy the poem more because they lived and knew about the event that occurred. To the comment left, I like We Real Cool, too! Very simple poem and for the most part easy to interpret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I attended one Halloween party this weekend and I bought a costume and everything and we stayed for an hour which inst very long. For the most part we like to stay in and we carved a pumpkin also and watched scary movies.

    ReplyDelete